Origami, the ancient Japanese art of paper folding, has captivated people around the world for centuries. With just a single sheet of paper and a skilled set of hands, intricate and beautiful creations can be brought to life.
While origami is often associated with iconic figures like cranes and butterflies, there is another avian creature that deserves our attention—the pigeon. In this article, we will explore the art of pigeon origami and delve into the steps to create your own folded masterpiece.
Such a pigeon is made very quickly. You can make a lot of pigeons and then collect from them a garland, mobile, decorative curtain, etc. For crafts you will need one square sheet of paper.
Start with a square sheet of paper:
- Fold it in half diagonally:
2. Fold again it in half diagonally and unfold it to create a crease down the middle:
3. Fold the bottom corner up to meet the center crease, and then repeat with the other bottom corner:
4. Fold the left and right corners to meet the center crease:
5. Crease well and then unfold it. Fold two opposite corners to the center:
6. Unfold it. Hide the corners inside along the creases you made earlier:
7. Fold it in half:
8. Bend the upper part down the dashed line:
You will get the wing:
9. Bend the wing in half along the dashed line:
10. Turn it over and repeat steps 8-9.
11. Turn it like this:
Bend inside a large triangle on the right side. This is the pigeon tail:
12. Turn the figure down:
Bend the wings up:
13. Make a bird’s head. Bend the corner inside as shown in the photo:
And that’s it! You should now have a paper pigeon
Pigeon origami is a delightful and graceful art form that allows you to showcase your folding skills and create a charming paper representation of these urban birds. With practice and creativity, you can fold a whole flock of pigeons, each with its own unique character and charm.
Tutorial author: Zagainova_alina especially for HOBBYMO.