Three original master classes on creating different Christmas trees from green plastic bottles, and another tutorial on creating snowflakes from plastic bottle bottoms, take a look…
№1 Small decorative Christmas tree made from a plastic bottle
This tree is an excellent DIY souvenir gift for the New Year.
-green plastic bottle (Milkis drink)
-awl for making holes
-stick or knitting needle, or thick wire
-bottle cap for tree stands
How to make a Christmas tree
1) Cut circles of different sizes from a plastic bottle
2) Take a large circle and cut the needles. For convenience, first make 4 cuts as in the image:
3) Then make cuts between them, and so on… You will get symmetrical needles. Don’t forget to leave a place in the center of the circle for the future hole.
4) Cut the needles on all the other circles like this.
5) Now bend the needles up and down in a checkerboard pattern
6) Make holes in the circles and thread them onto the tree trunk.
7) You can put a bead or other decorative element on the top
8) A Christmas tree stand can be made from a bottle cap. Make a hole in it and fix it with plasticine at the bottom if necessary.
9) I decorated the Christmas tree with beads, glued it with Moment glue, and tinted the needle tips with white acrylic:
№2 Large Christmas tree made from a plastic bottle
Such a Christmas tree can easily replace a regular store-bought Christmas tree because it can be made just as big and elegant.
But in this tutorial, I made the Christmas tree not very big, because… I had enough bottles.
The height of my tree turned out to be 50 cm, plus a star of 15 cm, i.e. in total 65 cm.
-1.5 liter bottles from Milkis (I used 12 pieces)
– a stick for the diameter of the neck of the bottle (my length is 40 cm).
-adhesive tape or Moment glue
How to make a big Christmas tree from plastic bottles
1) Take a bottle, cut off the bottom, and cut these branches of different diameters
2) I made the stand very simple. I cut off the top of the bottle, inserted a stick into the bottleneck, and fixed it with tape. The stand is just right for such a tree, but it could be made stronger.
3) Now put on our twigs, first the large ones, then the small ones.
4) Well, all that remains is to decorate the Christmas tree =). You definitely need to put a star or something else on top to cover the stick.
The luminous garland looks best on Christmas trees made from plastic bottles.
№3 Small Christmas tree made from one plastic bottle
To make this wonderful original Christmas tree with our own hands, we first need the most common unnecessary plastic bottle, stick, 3) Attach them with tape to the trunk (stick) of the tree. You can immediately straighten (bend) the needles to monitor the result. I attach the needles with tape to the very top of the tree.tape, Moment glue, or better yet, a glue gun, beads, and other small things that can be used to decorate our New Year tree. I used a Milkis bottle.
1) Cut off the bottom and neck of the bottle and cut it in half:
2) Cut the needles:
3) Take a strip with chopped needles and attach them with tape to the trunk (stick) of the tree, moving from bottom to top. You can immediately straighten (bend) the needles to control the result. I attach the needles with tape to the very top of the tree.
4) Glue the top with glue Moment:
5) You can melt the Christmas tree under a candle to make the wavy branches
6) Final stage. I made the stand for the Christmas tree from a paint jar and glued the beads with Moment glue.
You can make snowflakes from the remaining bottoms of plastic bottles.
№4 Snowflakes from plastic bottles
A tutorial for those who are tired of paper snowflakes. Such snowflakes are quite durable and are not afraid of weather conditions, so they are perfect for decorating your home both inside and outside. A drawing made with acrylic paints will not be washed off, but if snowflakes nevertheless decorate the street, it is better to paint them from the inside. Such snowflakes, made with your own hands, will remain safe and sound for the next years.
-acrylic outline, Silver color
This is a rather small set of materials because you can add other colors of paints, all sorts of sparkles, rhinestones, and beads to such a snowflake.
How to make a snowflake from a plastic bottle
1) Prepare the bottom of the bottle and come up with a pattern for the snowflake. Start drawing from the center
2) Several variations of snowflake patterns:
4) Making a loop: fix the bead inside the snowflake, string the beads to the appropriate length, and make a loop.
And now the snowflake can be hung anywhere. By the way, I hung it on the Christmas tree, also from plastic bottles:
Author of all content Victoria Ruban, 2013. Copying materials is prohibited, more details here.