Incredibly, you can make very beautiful and shining stars with your own hands from ordinary candy wrappers. Today on sale you can find candies with a variety of bright, rustling wrappers, including gold ones.
They are delicious, and candy wrappers are suitable materials for creativity. The tutorial demonstrates a star model made from golden candy wrappers, which is assembled from modules. Each module is a kind of pocket; you don’t even need glue to attach the parts into a single craft. They will be attached by themselves due to their unique design. How do you add it all up?
To create a beautiful and bright star, prepare:
-8 candy wrappers, preferably the same color;
How to make a star from modules
1) Prepare the raw materials for work. A separate pocket module will be modeled from each candy wrapper; just smooth out each piece with your hands. If you want to achieve perfect evenness, use a hot iron. Then cut out the required part from each blank. Here, golden candy wrappers with a blue stripe were used; in the future, each module will be beautifully combined into a single composition. Cut 8 rectangular strips of the same size.
2) Usually the reverse side of the candy wrappers is white, so the modeling is clearly visible in the photos below. Expand each rectangle horizontally. Lift the lower right corner of each workpiece up as in the photo:
3) Now lower this corner down. Now the paper in this place is folded in three. Turn the workpiece over in this position with the white (back) side facing you.
4) Turn the workpiece over. Lift the other side up diagonally so that the edges match. Show the gold surface.
5) Make a horizontal bend. Hold the paper in this position with your fingers and lift the bottom up (approximately in the center).
6) You now have a small pocket in the workpiece. Lift the right side up, docking this part with the side of the pocket. Then lower the excess down again. Form a kind of zigzag.
7) Prepare all 8 rays in the same way. On the one hand, a pocket will be visible on the part, on the other, a triangular protrusion that will become the ray of an asterisk.
8) Start assembly. Insert the lower part of one pocket into the pocket of another part. Leave the rays outside.
9) Pull the corners all the way so that they hold we
10) Add the remaining parts gradually, it will turn out that they form a circle – the design guarantees this. Each pocket remains free for the next corner.
11) Collect all 8 rays around the circumference. They will fit perfectly and gather into a bright star. Try to hide the last detail so that it is indistinguishable from the rest. Star made from candy wrappers is ready. No glue, stapler, or thread was needed for assembly. Everything is very simple.
12) This interesting craft will appeal to adults and children; you can also use it to decorate a Christmas tree.
13) On the reverse side, the star also looks harmonious. It turned out white with golden accents in the center. Therefore, the craft will look beautiful when hung.
Author Natali_ya30, especially for HOBBYMO. Distribution of site content is prohibited, more details here