If you fold the paper correctly and carefully use scissors, anyone can get a pretty cute snowflake. This method of creating winter paper crafts is known to everyone. There is also a technique for creating snowflakes called kirigami, which involves cutting out an interesting ornament and bending individual elements. Details of such work are given in this article using the example of two colorful snowflakes.
Materials for creating one snowflake:
– colored paper of different colors on both sides;
– a pencil.
How to create a snowflake using the kirigami technique
1) Prepare bright paper, because snowflakes don’t have to be white. In addition, a craft made from two-sided paper will look more elegant.
2) Cut out a square, then fold it in half to form a rectangle, and in half again to make a smaller square.
3) Turn the resulting square into a triangle.
4) Make the triangle isosceles by removing the excess outer part with scissors.
5) Then start using scissors, turning the paper blank into an original snowflake. It is convenient to first draw all the lines with a simple pencil on the paper on one side, and then cut out the intended lines.
First, cut out the outside with a birdie shape.
6) On both sides of the triangular workpiece, make cuts in the form of triangles, with their vertices pointing towards each other. Also make four cuts, moving with scissors from the sharp corner of the workpiece to the wide side.
7) Unfold the paper to its original position and think about the placement of the needles to get an original ornament.
8) Bend the large arrows back and the smaller ones forward. Iron all folds. The elegant snowflake is ready.
9) The back side of the craft looks festive too.
10) On the second piece, bend the needles in reverse order to get a craft that is slightly different from the previous one.
11) If desired, both snowflakes can be combined into a single volumetric composition.
Author Natali_ya30, especially for the HOBBYMO. Copying is prohibited, more details here.