How fascinating is the creativity of origami. Here lies a piece of paper in front of them. It is worth folding it in a special way, guided by a diagram, or intuitively, and a simple leaf turns into some kind of figure.
Perhaps an airplane, a boat, or a cap on a head are the most common models who can do absolutely everything. And few people dare to undertake other experiments. Origami creativity seems unattainable. Although in fact, there are very simple assembly schemes that everyone, even the smallest children, can master. Getting acquainted with a unique hobby should begin with such experiments.
This tutorial shows how to make a simple paper craft – an origami bird. If you get a figurine, you will definitely want to decorate it. Any materials are suitable for this, such as beads or rhinestones, glitter gels, gel pens, paints, felt-tip pens, etc. Young model artists will definitely need everything that is at hand.
In this tutorial, the following were used to make an origami bird:
-single-sided pink paper – 1;
-scissors – only at the first stage to cut a square of the required size;
-green adhesive rhinestones – 2 pieces;
-glue – to fix the folds at the very end;
-paperclip – 1 piece for the paws.
How to make an origami bird
1) Shown is an example of a bird made from a square of pink paper, the reverse side of which is white. But instead of pink, any paper, even black, will do, because you can make a bird of any breed, even a crow. Use scissors to cut out a square, large or small. Large workpieces are easier to work with. Focus immediately on the A4 format. Fold the square diagonally so that the white side remains inside. Join the opposite corners very clearly; the ideal condition of the finished craft depends on this. Clear alignment is important at all stages of folding.
2) Rotate the triangle at a right angle upwards. Fold the entire top corner (two layers) down. Make sure that the tip meets approximately the center of the resulting trapezoid. Smooth it.
3) Turn it over the other way.
4) In the resulting trapezoid, bend two sides towards the center along one line, and smooth out all the folds.
5) Raise the lower ends at some angle upward. This way you will make bird wings.
6) Turn the workpiece over. Now you will see the body of the bird. Bend the small triangle up, this will be the bird’s beak.
7) Raise the bottom corners up and back to make the figure more streamlined and give it the desired shape.
8) The origami bird is ready, but I want to decorate it further so that there is no doubt that we have modeled a bird.
For this, I prepared two green rhinestones – they will become shiny and iridescent eyes. You can also apply stripes of glitter to the wings and breast, wait until they dry, and then continue with your work. This is a decoration and an imitation of wings at the same time. And the bird, in addition to wings, needs paws. They can be cut out of paper and glued, but it is much more interesting to make these parts from an ordinary paper clip, twist it in a special way.
Tutorial especially for HOBBYMO. Copying is prohibited, more details here.