In the world of crafts and DIY projects, there is a certain charm in repurposing everyday materials into stunning works of art. One such project that captures the essence of both creativity and nostalgia is the creation of a vintage newspaper rose.
By transforming old newspaper pages into delicate, intricately crafted flowers, you can bring a touch of vintage elegance and timeless beauty into your home decor or special occasions. In this article, we will explore the step-by-step process of crafting a vintage newspaper rose and celebrate the art of upcycling in a creative and meaningful way.
This rose looks very interesting, quick, and easy to make. It will be a great addition to your home interior. And also can be a wonderful and unusual gift. You can safely decorate postcards or wall newspapers with small roses.
For rose we need:
-newspaper or other thin paper (for example, sheets of books). Select newspapers with interesting typography, vintage advertisements, or other visually appealing content;
-candle or lighter;
-optional: Spray paint or watercolor: If desired, you can add a touch of color to the newspaper petals using spray paint or watercolor paints.
How to make a newspaper rose
1) Let’s get to work, for this, we will need to prepare blanks for the petals. We need blanks of two sizes. Small ones measuring 11×6 cm need 4 pieces, and large ones – 13×8 cm will need 14 copies.
2) Then you will need to give the blanks the desired shape. Trim the top edge with scissors to form an oval.
3) Using a candle or lighter, we process the edges of each petal. To do this, we will need a saucer with water. We dip the petal blank in the saucer to half and on both sides. Then, for candles, we process the edges and the middle of the petals, avoiding burnt and very black edges.
4) Then, on all the petals, make an incision along the bottom edge in the middle.
5)Using a skewer, twist the edges of the petals, making them more voluminous. The bottom edge, where the cut on the large petals, needs to be glued with PVA glue. These will be large petals.
6) Now let’s move on to the small petals. Take a skewer and wind a small petal around it. Lubricate the edge with glue. Thus, wind the second petal.
7) The next petal will be more voluminous. Fix it only at the bottom, where the cut is. Glue the fourth small petal in the same way.
8) It’s time to glue the big petals. Attach two petals alternately opposite each other. At the same time, let the glue dry.
9) Then gradually glue the rest of the petals. Fix them well on the skewer and the base of the flower. Let the glue dry. Arrange the petals so that the rose is voluminous and lush.
10) Our paper rose is almost ready. All petals are well fixed.
11) In order to arrange the stem, that is, the skewer, take a strip of paper. Cut a strip of 1×40 cm from the newspaper. Take the same newspaper from which the petals were made.
12) Lubricate the strip with glue and glue it to the base of the flower. Wrap tightly, but be careful not to tear the strip.
Here is such a rose from the newspaper turned out:
Crafting a vintage newspaper rose allows you to breathe new life into old newspapers while creating a stunning piece of art. This DIY project not only showcases your creativity but also serves as a reminder of the beauty that can be found in everyday objects. With a few simple materials and a little time and patience, you can create a timeless, vintage-inspired decoration that will bring joy and charm to any space. So, gather your old newspapers and let your creativity bloom with a beautiful vintage newspaper rose.
The author of the photo tutorial is Abdurashitowa, especially for HOBBYMO