Do you want to beautifully decorate your house for the New Year? I propose to make an amazing volumetric snowflake, which will be a wonderful element of decor.
Winter is a magical time of year, and what better way to celebrate the season than by creating your own do-it-yourself volumetric snowflake? In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of crafting your own volumetric snowflake that will add a touch of elegance and charm to your winter decor.
To create one volumetric snowflake, we need:
-3 sheets of A4 white paper,
1)The snowflake will consist of six rays. We take one sheet of A4 paper and cut it so that we get a square.
2) Bend the square in half to make a triangle.
3) Now, using a pencil and a ruler, we draw 3 parallel lines.
4) Make cuts along the marked lines.
5) Expand our square and bend two parallel inner triangles into the middle, glue them together.
6) Bend the two middle strips in the opposite direction and glue them together.
7) Do the same with the rest of the strips. We have one beam.
8) We make five more rays. Collect three together and connect with a stapler. Do the same with the other three rays.
9) Now we connect all six rays together. To make the snowflake more durable, we connect the rays of the snowflake with staples.
Now our snowflake is ready! It can also be decorated with sequins, beads, crumbs of old broken New Year’s toys. A snowflake can be hung on a window, on a Christmas tree, it will look beautiful over the New Year’s table.
With your DIY volumetric snowflake proudly displayed, step back and admire the winter magic it brings to your space. These stunning creations are perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any room during the winter season. Whether hung from above or placed on a surface, your volumetric snowflake will be a captivating symbol of winter’s beauty.
Tutorial author: SofaM2013 especially for HOBBYMO.